Monday, March 7, 2011

Horsey horsey

Share it Please
In light of Johnny's post on our new household member Buttons (world's cutest puppy), I thought I'd share another member of the Casa de C-More crew. Meet Gina! 

"Hello, I am Gina and this is a terrible picture of me!"
Gina is a horse, and as I'm pretty sure there's some kind of ordinance against horses living within city limits, Gina currently lives at the RSU equestrian center (where I work). She is a 14 year old Thoroughbred who apparently used to be a hunter/jumper horse. She was donated to the therapeutic riding center last year and after a series of unfortunate events, needed to find a new home ASAP. (Don't worry, no special kids were harmed by Gina.) Since I am a sucker for big Thoroughbreds that jump (and misunderstood horses), I used my income tax refund to buy her. (Thanks, Uncle Sam!!)  She has some bad habits, like biting when her girth is tightened and not jumping fences in a sensible way, but I remain confident she will be a super three-day event horse one day. In the future. In the far, far future. 

Now I just need to find a horse for Johnny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment