Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 In Review, Part 2

Share it Please
Welcome to Part 2 of the Johnny & Stephanie 2010 Recap! The last six months of the year were way less exciting than the first six (and also contain far less pictures). Here's what we've been doing:

July
Johnny had a birthday (he's rapidly approaching old age) and started the (never-ending) process of moving to the house. The pool was still looked like this:
Alas, it couldn't last.

August
My friend Greer moved to Oklahoma for graduate school; this means I have someone other than Johnny to hang out with. (This is significant!)

October
While there were no exotic travels in October, there were plenty of local activities to keep us busy. We hit the Tulsa State Fair, a pre-season NBA game, and Oktoberfest. And don't forget my birthday! (I am way less ancient than Johnny.)

Building at the fairgrounds.

This is what $10 tickets gets you.


Mmm, Warsteiner.
November
I met Johnny's father's side of the family over Thanksgiving weekend in Fort Worth, Texas. Despite reminding me, Johnny forgot his Six Flags season pass, so no post-turkey rides on the Batman coaster for us. :( Highlights from weekend include Johnny's young cousin Landon asking me if I was now his [Landon's] cousin and Johnny's grandmother asking me if my parents' divorce "messed [me] up for life". 

December
December was somewhat uninspired; we traveled to Fort Worth again for a Christmas celebration with Johnny's mother's family who were all very nice and didn't ask me weird questions about my parents' divorce. (Although his grandfather did make very potent mimosas.) We saw Tron: Legacy, which was awful, and had a long chat with Johnny's cousin Jill about Ke$ha. (I blame the mimosas!) Other December highlights: I got a new job, I finally replaced The Blazer with a Subaru Forester, and my mom gave us a cat clock that meows on the hour. 

What a year 2010 was! I'm looking forward to 2011- we have some major ideas we're kicking around! What do you all have planned?


No comments:

Post a Comment