Monday, April 18, 2011

Do you know when the best time for a snack is???

Share it Please

Right after you finish showing me how stupid the lyrics to my favorite songs are!!!!



Friggin FRIG Pandora, why must you do this???? Just... STOP OR SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!

BACK STORY: I have paid tribute to vocal timbre over lyric content (style over substance? My best explanation for not really caring about Bob Dylan and Tom Waits, while flipping out for any hackneyed gang led by a cooey voiced female?) since back in the day. This has led to events such as: buying Scarlett Johansson's cd, talking about how much I like a song, only to have its content "being kind of pro-rapey" pointed out to me; digging around the internet for hours in hope of unearthing supa secret Velocity Girl bootlegs; an indefensible "pro She and Him" stance; and having no idea what a single Polvo lyric is despite having listened through each of their cd's at least 100x (their song titles are cool though, amirite???).

After having the lyrics to some long time faves literally written out for me though... I am pretty sure I would get down to a My Bloody Valentine/Stereolab/Lush/Cocteau Twins/etc. cover of Friday. Going a step further, I kind of think that is all 'Isn't Anything' is :[

#crisisoftaste

#thingsyoualwayssortofknewbutstilldontlikehavingpointedouttoyou

No comments:

Post a Comment