Wednesday, August 10, 2011

White Vinegar: What Can't It Do?

Share it Please
I hate it when things smell weird. Rooms, carpets, clothes, towels, garbage, sheets. Anything. In my never-ending quest to eliminate the funky smells that arise from living with two cats, two dogs, and a Johnny (not to mention from working at a barn), I've tried everything. Scented candles, check. Air-freshening sprays, check. Fabric refreshers, check. Laundry detergents/fabric softeners, check. Scent-absorbing substances, check. Somehow, stuff still resorted to smelling weird after the effects of the product wore off.

In my desperation, I turned to the Internet. This was after I'd washed towels three times in an effort to rid them of their musty smell. I came across this blurb about using white vinegar to wash towels. And you know what? It totally worked! White vinegar completely eradicated the nasty mildew smell from every towel I own.

A few weeks later, I read something online about how setting out a cup of white vinegar in a room would remove odors from the air. I thought this sounded kind of crazy, but I tried it in the smelliest room of the house: the TV room. (It smells like dogs and body odor. Delicious!) Lo and behold, it worked! The room smelled like vinegar for a couple of hours, but then nothing. It smelled like nothing. Glorious.

What else can this magical potion do? Clean windows, get the pee out, deodorize the garbage disposal, clean the dishwasher, remove stains from plastic food containers, and even remove build-up from your hair. Seriously. Use it. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment